cloudy days make me happy



Today was just another normal day. I say that because I'm blinded by stress and anxiety. In actual fact, today was beautiful; and every day is a beautiful day.

It's just that I don't feel happiness, I don't see happiness when the pace of life is so quick. It's really sad to have to snap back to reality, but that's reality for you. 

The nights are getting longer and the skies are losing their bluish color. It just darkens, or starts to pour. I wished it stayed cloudy. I love seeing a huge piece of blue with white fluffy clouds dotting it - unknowingly it makes me really uplifted. 

I took this picture on the plane from Thailand back to Singapore, and when I finally saw beautiful clouds at altitudes way above the ground, really, you didn't know how elated I was. No filters, au naturale. 

I might sound childish. I know. 

But to me, all that matters is simplicity in life. Appreciating the smallest things, discovering new elements of life. Only when we do not yearn for more, will we understand that it's the little things in life that matters, that will truly keep us happy. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Author's Note

chocolates are my weakness. i can admit that.

i try not to make anyone my weakness, but it always fails.

i live my life happily and freely; and i don't really mind about how i am perceived as by other people. it doesn't matter to me.

i photograph memories precious to me, and keep them close to my heart.